View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #126
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
My 2011 F10 has the adaptive... The modes are 'comfort', 'normal' and 'sport'. I believe 'sport plus' firmness is the same as sport (perhaps throttle too) but adds DTC (mid-setting). You cannot have 'comfort' (softest) and DTC at the same time, I guess BMW don't think you should be having too much on a bumpy snowy road... But really, it's for grip..

Actually the tech in my f10 that is the first year of its kind is stunningly similar to the f30 LCI. I do like the rocker switch to change modes. I can find it and use it haptically without looking, something I can't say for the buttons that Porsche has strewn around and below the sightline.
I'm not a fan of the buttons on the center console of the Porsche's either, the Macan had a ton of them. The 911 has some too but it's not nearly as many.

Also now you have me thinking so i looked through my 2013 535 and 2015 550 window stickers ... the 535 had the Dynamic damper control so it didn't have comfort plus but the 550 had the Dynamic handling package (3 1/2 times the price) and it did have comfort plus.

I only have the Dynamic damper control on the 540 so maybe if I went with the whole Dynamic suspension thing it might have Comfort plus
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote