View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #56
Alan
Carmudgeon

So I test drove another Boxster S, this one was brand new, the dealer let my wife & I take it by ourselves which I liked.

I noticed the blind spot is not nearly as bad as I originally thought and when I turn my head there is the window not the roof ... I still have the concern about the seat being up against the firewall, I just can't tell if I would be making a mistake buying a new one for $70k (Base model). If I could find a very low mileage Boxster or Cayman that is 1-2 years old with the options I want I think it might be better so at least if I don’t feel comfortable I don't get killed on the resale.

BTW the drive was awesome, I love it !!

Also drove the the 992S Coupe (see pic) ... it is a heck of a car, I think it is something I would need to get used to, everything is pretty much touch screen and there is a lot to learn, strangely the 14 way power seat has been changed, it provides more side bolstering on the seat part (where your butt sits) but they have the seat back pretty far back.

So in other words your head is much further away from the headrest, you kinda have to lean back to get your head and back against the seat ... I would need to drive it again to see if I could get in a better drivers position.

Power is awesome, they really improved the sound of the engine, much more beefy sounding then the 991.2 and the steering is AWESOME !! For electric steering you actually feel feedback and it is very tight.

I am going to go to another dealer and take another one for a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote