Thread: Big BMW recall
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #7
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Apparently what happens is the camera and display settings can be adjusted so the rearview image isn’t visible and then the system will remember that setting the next time the car is put in reverse. You lose the backup picture, effectively.

If i’m reading this correctly it is saying you can make it so the rear view camera isn’t visible ... well you can make this happen but it isn’t a ‘setting’ that I know of but then again I don’t go through every menu.

It is more like you put the car in reverse and then for example decide to make a phone call so you use the I drive menu to make the call and then next time you go in reverse you don’t get the camera

Not really sure but it has never happened to me.
Yeah, I've never had the camera not appear when shifting into reverse. Sometimes, I've noticed that if I click the "P" button the bring up the camera/parking sensor view I have to manual check the camera symbol to get it to show up-- which is strange cause I know i've checked that box multiple times (plus not sure why that's even an option to not show the camera on a screen that's pretty much all about the camra)
robg is offline   Reply With Quote