Thread: Car for my mom
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 06:08 PM   #20
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Finally got time to take my mom for some test drives today.

1. Toyota RAV-4 Hybrid AWD XLE
-Interior was very appliance like but I guess not surprising for a Toyota. I thought toyota had improved this but maybe not for the rav-4. Did not check the grand highlander.
-driving wise nothing remarkable either good or bad. Again like an appliance
-driver side had a interior vibration, pretty bad for a brand new car. I would not buy that car for that reason. My mom didnt notice it though.

2. Honda CR-V Sport Hybrid L
-interior design is very nice. Quality does not match the looks, hard plastics and quality, but it is not a luxury car so acceptable.
-Very black interior including headliner which I prefer but some people might think cave like.
-the dash seemed lower then the RAV-4 which my mom and I much preferred. My mom actually went back to Toyota and sat in the RAV-4 to confirm.
-Engine was noisy and noticeable while the engine was cold but disappeared after it warmed up.
-Ride and handling seemed better than rav-4

3. Lexus RX-350
My mom wouldn't even consider because of the spindle grill. Tried to get her to sit inside but got a hard no.

So both of us preferred the CR-V so she is going to move forward. Both dealers were pulling ADM shenanigans with Hoehn( lemming) the worse with 2k markup along with stealth markup. I am getting lazy in my old age so just going to check with Costco instead of battling with the salesmen. Been awhile since I have been to a dealer to car shop, just the same as before covid, bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240302_184707407.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	565.7 KB
ID:	17064  Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240302_194042584.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	17065  
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote