View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #108
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Just to close the circle on this. I do find myself missing the shifter in the boxster since I returned it. He replaced the ?polyurethane? shift cables with steel ones and the shifter really does have an amazing bolt action feel to it. OTOH I took my 1er down to Baltimore over the weekend. It was top down, back roads for most of the way and it was awesome. It is just a fun little car. It is definitely a better all around package to me.

I keep thinking a C7 'vert is probably a great car for me. It is just so garish and stereotypically 'murica... I don't know that I can get past it. I'd feel like such a d every time I climbed into it. Of course P-cars and BMWs have their own stigmas, so maybe I just need to not give a sh*t
Our tweenager is very self-conscious about arriving to school in the Guards Red Boxster. Seems he gets ribbed for being the rich kid then, but the suv that cost more attracts no comments. My little car just gets approving praise.

It’s a private school where all the parents have swanky cars tht cost as much or more than the Boxster.

Just something about a red sports car...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote