View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #26
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Which options are you talking about ? Our 340 has pretty much every option and I wanted every safety option they offer such as the Pedestrian and frontal collision warning, the blind side assist, etc.

I think these are key features and I know some of them such as the blind side assist has saved my butt more than once. I wouldn't want a car without this feature if it is available.

OTOH the lane departure feature I find very annoying and turn it off on all of my cars especially in our Acura MDX which actually steers the car back into the lane.
I hate lane departure warning. We have that on the X5--actually we have a lot of the features on the X5 because my spouse wanted HUD, and these things come as a package.

The 2 series offers only the Driving Assistance Package. It is missing useful features like Blind Spot detection and HUD. Instead it offers only the things I really DON'T want, including the auto braking (a.k.a :Collision Mitigation):

"Experience increased peace of mind behind the wheel with an attractive bundle of features that significantly enhance driver, passenger, and vehicle safety. Maximize safety with Lane Departure Warning, Pedestrian and Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation. All provide varying degrees of automated braking assistance based on speed conditions. Finally, Speed Limit Info shows posted speed limits on the instrument cluster display."

I'm glad to have park distance control and a rear view camera (would like a front camera, too, which might have convinced me to buy that steep driveway lake house.) Glad to have airbags, too, now that I've purged all the Takata cars from the fleet.

Last edited by wdc330i; 04-26-2018 at 04:02 PM.
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote