View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #30
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yeah I hadn’t really put much thought into the exact parameters of the question I posed. But your current mix of cars is certainly a possible answer.

When I was younger, I think I dismissed convertibles out of hand. But if you’re going to have a dedicated fun car it makes a lot of sense for it to be a convertible (unless you plan on regularly tracking it of course). The boxster seems to be the gold standard but it’s hard to beat the added practicality of the 1/2 series verts.

I also have a possibly self destructive desire to own an Aston Martin vantage v8 or Maserati gran turismo at some point. I still think they are beautiful cars. Though used examples now in the 40s I’d probably need to set aside the rest of the 100k for repairs!

One off the wall idea is the Ferrari FF. I don’t think they have quite gotten down to 100k yet though. I have a weird fascination with it even though it could be considered ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The idea of a v8 vantage is so tempting, I think they are stunningly pretty and look/feel much more 'special' than a 911. I talked myself out of it, because we wanted something that we could use regularly and not constantly worry about. In the end im glad we didn't go that route, but it still tugs at my heartstrings Everytime I see it

And convertibles in the mid Atlantic are perfect. You can comfortably drive top down from 40f to 95f which covers about 10 months of our year. Just crank up the heat and heated seats on chilly days, or the A/C and ventilates seats on the warm ones. The wind deflector on the 911 hels a lot of you don't want buffeting
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote