View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
TD
Founder emeritus

Okay, so I went and bought a Tesla

After seeing the Model 3 in person I realized I do not want that car, at least not in its current incarnation. Worse, when you option it up as one would reasonably and typically option it, it's $56K. Sure, that's still 3-series territory, but...

So I started looking at the pre-owned Teslas listed at the Tesla site. And I went in for another test drive. I learned of the much more extensive inventory they do not list (and you can't search) on the public site. Searching with the Tesla staff, we came up with a car very much in line with what I was looking for option-wise with low miles and at a price below that of the (realistic) Model 3.

So I bought it.

It had to catch a ride down from Connecticut, but they didn't charge for that. And they did a fabulous job making the car look completely brand new. Throw in an extended warranty that'll cover me through a reasonable 3-4 year ownership experience and I'm pretty happy with the deal.

As with every Model S I've driven, it's huge. And silly quick. And eerily quiet. But with a long commute, chargers at the office, and the ability to use HOV in Maryland with just one person because it's an EV, it feels like a good call. I figure I'm spending almost $50/week on gas in the E39 (plus it's ancient) so that's $200/mo in gas savings even before they raise the gas tax.

So, vitals...

It's a 2014 Model S 85 (not P or D), upgraded rims, sunroof, tech package, arctic weather package, and some other options (pic of sticker reprint is below).

TD is offline   Reply With Quote