Thread: E65 waffle
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Mathew
Crotchety

E65 waffle

We're thinking about upgrading the 745i to a 750Li. This car would be for my mother. Considering it is a 2002, the 745 has been relatively problem free and it was never bought back. We actually got a newer 745Li loaner this week, and it had a lot of the bells and whistles, smoother transmission, and a better looking and bigger interior. There's been only a few minor software annoyances in the 745, but the biggest issue was the phone. It's basically a Motorola StarTac, and has been nothing but trouble since the beginning and is on its way out like the Dodo bird. The new models coming out have Bluetooth standard (and upgraded engine), and as silly as it may sound, is a big factor in the decision. Toss in the fact that the maintenance is about to expire, the tires are almost bald, there's a loyalty/sympathy rebate from BMW NA, CCA rebate, and a lot of other little things. It would also be a chance to get rid of a car by trading in the X5 at the same time. Yah, it's bunch of small, stupid things but I think someone wants a new car.

Or, she could get the 745Li demo car the dealer has. Our dealer seemed pretty quick to mention the idea of handing it off. I was hoping they would have some MY 05's they wanted to get rid of, but they're wasn't a single E65 on the lot. The dealer will call tomorrow and hopefully he will have some good numbers.

Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote