View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 11:36 AM   #75
SCA
Jaded

I should have mentioned that was a stock photo from Porsche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
<1000 miles is too few for me even. I think my 3-4k/year/car barely justifies two, but hey! Great decision...

While those wheels admittedly look dorky, there is something to be said for /40 sidewall. Then roads are better pretty much anywhere else compared to where I live. I just put on a used set of 19's with /40 profile on my 981 and the ride comfort increase is noticeable compared to the 20's with /35 that I'm used to. I will have to replace one bubbled tire and yes, I lost a bit on looks. I do prefer the driving dynamics.

And based on a 15mi test, I prefer even the goodyear f1 asymm 2 (now up to 3, but my set came with the 2) to the pirelli p zero. I loathe the p zero's; no confidence at all in cool conditions, I guess low road noise is their only saving grace. All tires tested are porsche N-spec (doubt it matters).
We will see re the mileage. I have owned the Z3 for seven years now and the most mileage placed on it was the first year and this year. In between it was seeing less than 500 miles annually.

Any pics?

I am thinking of of going with my usual preference for the 19s, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Very clueless as to what tires most 997 owners prefer? Whatever I end up with will not be mounted and balanced until Spring ‘22.

Last edited by SCA; 10-19-2021 at 11:56 AM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote