View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #28
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
What the NC or ND has that the 987 lacks is this sense that if something goes wrong, it will be inexpensive and mostly…not much will go wrong. I never get that sense in any Porsche of the 996/997 era. They always feel like you’re one scored cylinder wall away from something expensive.
Lots to chew on in this thread. We currently just have 1 car since that's all we have garage space for and frankly all we really need (especially now w/ remote working becoming the norm). But sometimes I like to fantasize about what my "ideal fleet" would be. Inevitably there's a Porsche Boxster or 911 in there. But I'm not sure I can quite wrap my head around the relative risk of something expensive happening and/or just the generally large amount of money that i'd have to sink into pretty much anything decent. And realistically, it'd be for a car that i'd use at best maybe for a couple hours a week (probably less).

A Japanese sports car of some type probably makes more sense...but I just can't seem to get excited about any of them.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote