Thread: Oscar
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 08:35 AM   #29
clyde
Chief title editor

Oscar update:

Oscar took a back seat to the F250 transmission replacement (Oscar wasn't going anywhere without the F250 anyway). All of the Oscar parts that were going to replaced in this cycle (front subframe, control arms, bearings, etc) are in hand (I think), and some things that don't absolutely *need* to be done right now will wait for later (like rebuilding or replacing shocks).

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the last thing to do before getting the car back on the ground is doing the front subframe swap. Was prepped and POR-15ed yesterday and everything was loosened in the car to facilitate. Once that swap is complete, the car will need to be realigned and then hopefully we can do some testing...

The calendar for the season is starting to close. There's a Pro Solo in Toledo next weekend, but while the subframe should be in before Friday, it's super unlikely we can get it on an alignment rack. Kevin also wants to get more miles on the new transmission to be comfortable using it on a long tow. So, we're taking the Camaro to Toledo. After that, there's only one more National event on concrete and it's the following weekend in Oscoda, MI, and we're not really wild about heading up there. Other than that, there's not a whole lot of options left. Our remaining "home" events are all at a lousy site that isn't very helpful, and "local" events that are not really local, and are better than the home site, but not much.

So, which car we'll take to Lincoln in September is a question mark at the moment.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote