View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #29
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
So I swear I tried my BEST to stay out of this thread and I bet folks were surprised I stayed silent this long.

Just like ZBB could NEVER avoid a Tesla thread!! LOL

Anyway the saga continues. I still have not posted the car on any website and continue to drag my feet.

If any of you long termers here know my history I used to be a serial car flipper like a lot of peeps on this board. The M5 was my 16th or 17th car. Then that all changed.

Even with the $30 to $35K spent in warranty and non-warranty work over the last ten years I still love it and would buy another.

It really is the best car I have ever owned. Would my 20 or 30 something self had said that, ummmm nope. But I am a different person now who values other things in my cars. The driving experience in sublime.

- Perfect NA V8 sounds and reactions (Low end torque and loves to rev).
- Solid as a tank build quality
- Great manual six speed shifter (Available is a BIG 4 door! Hard to find)
- Timeless looks (Subjective I know)
- Super comfortable for 4 adults
- Can actually handle pretty dam well for a 4,000 pound car

The steering does suck but beyond Porsche with the demise of hydraulic units does anyone do good steering anymore?

If and when I get off my ass and actually sell it I will be sad to see it go.

The only thing tugging at me right now is the M2 if only for its smaller size, available manual and great handling.

If you get beyond the bad steering feel you should really drive one.
I think you should just buy one of the time machine ones. This one was not a horrible price: http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

This one is, but what else could you buy with the same money that you would love as much: http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote