View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 07:45 PM   #9
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Ok I need to know how many mpg’s are you getting

No log book for me but a lot of the cars have a few different mpg indicators and I usually leave one on and don’t reset it from the moment I get the car.
Unfortunately, the on board computers are almost always wrong almost all of the time. Even if they were accurate, cumulative numbers wouldn't show you trends over time.

Quote:
BMW even now has an option called ‘factory’ and it gives you the mpg and other stuff from the day the car left them … pretty cool.
When the battery died in the Camaro the first time a couple months ago, it didn't drain enough that the car lost the on board computer memory of the different readouts from when they'd been last set. It also didn't happen when I've disconnected the battery. This time it did, though. I was able to fill in the blanks for the ~95 miles I've put on it since its last fill up at the beginning of February, but one reset feature bums me out. The car keeps track of engine hours running and idling, but now I'll have to do math in my head.

I've been using an iOS app called Road Trip (App Store link)since I bought the Focus ST and can't recommend it highly enough. Super easy. Keeps track of a ton of fuel, service, maintenance, tire, and other stuff if you want to enter the data. if you enter tire sizes, it will do the math to give you corrected MPG and $/mile results. It's so unexciting, but it's so cool.

As I was saying, if you don't have a logbook, you're an amateur.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote