View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 09:29 PM   #25
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Right- my guess is that there are a minority of enthusiasts who care about those things and really want a .1. They’ll also be the most active on forums.

But I bet the majority of 911 buyers just want a 911 for various other reasons (the proverbial “dentist spec” or the old guys you see driving turbo cabs to the golf course). If these types of buyers weren’t the majority, Porsche wouldn’t be making the changes you described. And these are the types of buyers that will just want “latest and greatest “ (and likely don’t even know or care what’s changing on the .2 anyway other than “better tech”, “faster” and “hybrid for green cred”). That’s what I’m referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My observation over the past two years as a 911 owner, the vast majority of individuals that purchase a 911 or 718 are enthusiast. It is a totally different culture than what is now at BMW.

Edit: If BMW has proven anything recently, newer is not necessarily better. Porsche is headed in the same direction per my friend that is a factory technician.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote