View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #51
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
No idea whether the GTS would really be attainable. I'll probably dither long enough that even if it is for some people, it won't be for me.

Your point on the Alpha is well taken. I like the CT4 V a bunch but the twin turbo V6 is...idk, I'd really love it if they just point a 7.0L LS in there. That would be amazing.

Or if they would make the Camaro but like...not a Camaro.
I (and maybe many of us?) have a mental barrier to buying the lesser version of some kinds of things. I loved my Fox body Mustangs in the day, but not those Fox Body pieces of shit with less than V8s (SVO was...different). For regular use, I probably would have been thrilled with buying a G8 GT, but just knowing the GXP was out there made the GT a non-starter. The 986 Boxster would have been an amazing car...if not for the 986 S. Fuck a C5 Corvette if it's not a Z06.

Then...there's the C6. The Z06 is great, but, you know, the Grand Sport's not that bad. With the C7, I don't think I'd want a Z06 and I know that I don't want a C7 ZR1.

With my Camaro SS 1LE, I'm happier having the 2SS than the 1SS because it's a little nicer, but I don't even care that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are out there because they're way too much overkill. Honestly, the SS 1LE is too much overkill (meanwhile the V6 1LE was not enough because it didn't get the trick suspension the SS version and above do).

So, when I look at the CT-4 and CT-5 Blackwings, I want to be more into the CT-5 version, but I can't help feeling like I'd have way much more fun more often with the CT-4 version. Even at the same price point, I find the CT-4 more appealing even though I don't think it should.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote