View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:11 PM   #20
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
The price point on the Maverick makes it really compelling, but the Escape kind of leaves me flat. Not sure what she would think of it. The idea of a Mach-E or ID4 is intriguing. Another RAV4 is the safe bet because it would only paying a little bit of money to restart the clock on something she already really likes. Going to wait for her to see if she gets more comfortable with any of those ideas.
The price point on the Maverick does make it compelling, but it's also confusing as fuck. There's no logic to the idea that the Maverick should cost that much less than an Escape, really, other than the fact that Escapes cost too much and Ford needs a cheaper vehicle that doesn't suck as hard as the EcoSport (which, BTW, is *more* expensive than the Maverick).

That said, owning a Maverick means owning a super short bed pickup, which...I don't need and doesn't help me? It's less useful than a sedan for me, because it doesn't have covered storage, and even if you put a cap on it, it's still less useful than an SUV for me because the seats can't go down.

I understand why a small subset of people are excited about a cheap pickup. I understand why a bigger subset of people are excited about a cheap hybrid. I just think at the end of the day a lot of people that buy the Maverick will buy it in spite of the fact that it's a pickup, not because of it.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote