View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I do wish more cars had a cost option to add a manual. In reality, my wife prefers an auto on her daily, so we wouldn't buy a manual wagon or 3er at this point, even if one was offered. If more sports cars had a manual I would have definitely widened my net when I got the Porsche, but i don't know I'd have bought something else at the end of shopping. The 4c is too small and minimalistic, the F-type would have scared me with jag reliability, a new z4 wouldn't have been able to measure up to a used 911, I would have ultimately turned my nose at the American offerings except maybe a c8, which I wouldn't have been able to get until who know when. I would have strongly considered a manual M2 vert.
Yes. To all of this. I do have a troublesome left knee. Is it bad enough to make me miserable with my only car as a manual? I do worry about that. I would risk the weekend/fun car being a manual, but don't think I can go there with my only car. The knee is not likely to get any better, and will probably get worse.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote