View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #324
JST

This isn't exactly the right thread for it, but we don't really have a generic Boxster thread, so I'll dump it here.

TIL that Cobalt Blue was a $3000 option on my car, which I found surprising for whatever reason. And it really caused me to rethink my hard core stance against paying big money for optional colors, because honestly this color is amazing and it's one of my favorite parts of the car.

Also, I came across this review that mentioned Cobalt Blue and I just wanted to bask in its epic, epic wrongness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmunds
Cobalt Blue Metallic just isn't its color. The tone's all wrong. Not light enough or dark enough. Should be brighter, too. The arching undulations of the 2006 Porsche Cayman S, although hardly offensive in the hue, are better served by black or silver. No, red. Yes: red. Every Cayman S should be red. The fact that the Cobalt Blue Metallic is a $3,070 option only makes things worse.

Of course the above falls somewhere between "Don't Care" and "Who Gives a Turkey?" The crowds gathered at the freak show that is Venice Beach certainly don't. We park and are immediately inundated by onlookers spellbound by the Cayman's sexpot shape — the high arc in the roofline, the rear hatch tucked neatly into the car's rear haunches.
https://www.edmunds.com/porsche/caym...oad-test1.html
JST is offline   Reply With Quote