View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #25
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
The C6 was always kind of bland to me. The headlights ruined the car and the rest kind of looked like the C5. It just always looked cheap. The high-po versions were better but in a "tacked-on" kind of way, like a '90s pontiac.

The C7 was pretty overwrought. It looks better in dark colors, and in person, than it does in pictures. So many seams and vents and doo-dads and stuff. The interior is actually pretty nice in those cars. I could live with it. The big thing I don't like about it, just driving around, is the doors are huuuuuuuge and it's a pain to park. I sound old typing that, but ... I couldn't live with a C7 like I do my Boxster.

I'm interested to see if the C8 is better or if it's more of the same. I like the low hoodline that the mid-engine enables. The trunk space means I can use it on trips with my wife like we use the Boxster.

My main worry is the interior. It looks a bit nutty, and the steering wheel is silly.

No way in hell I'm buying a first-year car, and I'm sure two years from now there will be a grand sport or Z06 version that will be even better looking... but I could definitely see myself picking up one of these used, if they turn out to be reasonably well put together (I also worry about that bespoke transmission...)
John V is offline   Reply With Quote