View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #18
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Well, I know in common parlance people use "stripping threads" and "crossed threading" interchangeably, but as a machine design engineer, stripping threads means that you overloaded too few (or soft/weak) threads and the threads were sheared off under axial load. Cross threading means the threads did not follow their intended path and as a result the peaks of the threads were flattened creating a crappy new thread path.

It was so annoying. I was having trouble getting the screw in smoothly. I pulled the pin and tried the screw in my hands and it as tough to get it to fit in, so I figured the resistance was natural. But the e-brake cable ads an annoying side load. I thought I had it, but obviously did not. I'm hoping new screws will fix this. Unlike other cars, where screws are very cheap, these are meant to be reused. They are $8 a pop. For Mazda screws.
Got it ... thanks for explaining the difference .... I’m sure you’ll get it done !!! It does get frustrating when things don’t go as they should but when you get it done the satisfaction will be there
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote