View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:38 AM   #37
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
I think I've come to the conclusion that I'd like the Boxster more if it were a Cayman :P

I drove the Boxster to work on Monday and Tuesday (I'm in the Mazdaspeed today). This is going to sound like a first-world-problems whine, but here's what annoys me about the Boxster.

1) Wind noise. The top is insulated and of very high quality, but there is no getting around the fact that it isn't a hard roof.

2) Rattles / squeaks. Convertibles are fairly well-known for this in general and if I'm diligent about gummi-pflegeing the door seals, it's quiet. But give it a week and the general flexiness of everything will cause some very minor squeaks. I admit that I'm super sensitive to and annoyed by very minor rattles, and my wife doesn't notice this stuff, but I do.

3) This is the biggie... I just don't think I'm a convertible person. Or maybe just not as long as I'm a Maryland resident. I just don't get much top-down time because of the heat and humidity here. So I'm living with the tradeoffs of having a convertible for the ~ 10 nights a year that I want to have the top down. Not worth it.

I guess the point of posting this here is the Boxster has become a car that I want to want... but not one that I necessarily want.

Maybe I'm just being salty about the gray / cold / wet weather this season and this will all change when we have the random 70 degree day in November.

I love driving a convertible. For one or two days of the year. So agree with you.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote