View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #9
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
It LOOKS ugly as sin.
I think the new one looks REALLY good ... amazing how we have similar taste in cars but can be so far apart on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
The new one looks like the bowel movement out of a disgruntled Go-bot, or something. No thanks.

Not sure if this is a generational thing or not, but the EM1 is the high point in my books. I mean, yes, ITR and so on, but when it comes to Civics, I feel like subsequent Si versions kinda missed the boat. The one that came after this one was truly lame and easily eclipsed by the SVT Focus. (Remember that one? That was a fun little car, one of the cars I regret letting go.) After that, Honda lost its way with styling, and despite the addition of turbos and other nice things, they've yet to catch my attention like the '99-'00.
I don't really know what the different generations are with the Civics but I agree it is a generational thing ... I recall the one time I ever looked at and almost got a Civic was back in late 93 looking at 1994 models, I was going to get one for what was then my Fiancé (now my wife) ... we ended up with a Honda Accord EX Coupe, I loved that car !!

One Honda car I always liked was the Prelude ... too bad they stopped making them.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote