View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Rob
The user formerly known as rwg

Carmudgeonly Ride: Z4
Sometimes it's the little things

So the only complaint I have about the new car is a rattle. It comes and goes and sometimes it's quiet, sometimes it's really, really irritating and sometimes it's gone long enough that I thought it had dissappeared. But it always came back.

I kept telling my wife that I had to get her to drive so I could sit in the back and track it down, but it's tough to fine time for that with a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old. So it just never happened.

So I needed to use the nav I had on the floor of the back seat the other day. I realized somewhere along the way that the rattle that has driven me so nuts - was the hardware in the mounting bracket that stays loose until you stick it on the windshield. That gets a and a for stupidity but a for driving enjoyment.

It also makes this car officially the best new car I have purchased to date. It's almost three months old, has about four thousand miles on it, and has absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have never made it a month in without having to schedule a service appointment before (with the possible exception of the MINI - I don't really remember taking that in ever in it's short time with me - but it had rattles that were in the car, not based on my stupidity). I don't know if BMW has improved quality or I just got lucky, but I hope this keeps up.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote