View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #60
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Meanwhile, the Carvana offer for my car (with slowly increasing mileage) has continued to creep up in recent weeks to $17,026 today.

I'm feeling kind of good at the moment for not having bought something already. As much as I want the car, making this switch right now feels less right than six weeks ago. Even if I did it, I have no where to drive the car, so I wouldn't even be enjoying the car for some time...yet paying for it. OTOH, one of the other GM incentives that may drop is no payments for the first 120 days.

I figure in a best case, the economy will take some hits in the next few months and new car sales will be problematic.
Here go my wild guesses...

The carvana offer on your car will drop. It may not drop as much as new car $$$'s but it will.

If you have a spare car you can drive around, a month or two from now may be the time to go aggressive/contrarian and get the car you want for less. A year from now may be even better (though that's too far ahead). Is your job at risk? Probably not. Many people's living will be and the economy/lack of demand will reflect that.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote