View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 01:45 PM   #10
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
yeah I would vote tesla drivers are worse drivers then prius/bmw drivers nowadays in my area
Prius and Subaru drivers are still my least favorite because they tend to go 10 under the speed limit even in 20 mph zones. It takes a special kind of talent to drive steadily at 10-15 mph. But, they also seem to have a habit of turning out on a busy road without looking for oncoming cars causing everyone else to slam on their brakes. Similarly, they like to change lanes randomly and without looking. If I had to choose, I'd rather deal with over caffeinated BMW and Tesla drivers any day (except as a pedestrian of course).

Speaking of being a pedestrian, I had forgotten how aggressive Italian drivers are torward pedestrians. Doesn't matter how many pedestrians, whether there's a crossalk, whether you're actually in a pedestrian zone on a tight medieval street--- cars seem to speed up when they see pedestrians. I'd feel safer trying to cross the west side highway in NYC frankly. And one of the downides to driving an EV there is that no one hears you coming-- most people there are driving diesels or scooters that make lots of noise.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote