View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 01:34 PM   #8
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Nice review.

Someone has one in our neighborhood. I never blink an eye at it. I do know that they need to slow the eff down and come to a complete stop at the stop sign. The owner of it drives like a total douche and we have tons of kids in the neighborhood. Edit: They also have a personalized tag on it. I have not been able to read it yet given the excessive speed they continue to travel at in a residential area. Plus, it is usually dark when they fly by us walking the dog.
Yeah- I think EVs in general kind of encourage douchey driving given the instant acceleration. Combine that with the type of person who buys a large luxury SUV and I'm not surprised. I bet the personalized plate is some sort of bad EV pun if i had to guess.

BTW- one small "fact check" in my review above. The car I drove with the iX 40 which we dont get here in the US. Apparently it has a smaller battery back of only ~70kwh...so the relatively poor range I experienced isn't necessarily indicative of what someone who buys an iX 50 in the US would get. Also, the model I drove has a relatively slow 0-60 time of only 6.5 seconds....honestly it felt way faster than that (felt like a ~5 second gas car).
robg is offline   Reply With Quote