View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #18
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
He says some very interesting things generally and they're often best paired with some grains of salt.

There's a lot of good info in his videos, but there's a lot of ridiculous shit, too.

In this video did he mention that it was Suntek Ultra, that he was talked into installing it, and the strong anti-PPF biases he had before the install? If not, search his channel for "PPF" and watch some of the other videos.

Trying to form expectations for what to expect from the top of the line Xpel film based on Matt's experience with Suntek Ultra three or four years ago is like trying to form an expectation for the Porsche you're waiting for an allocation on based on my experience with my Camaro.

I'm not saying PPF is definitely for you, but based on all the things that can happen, will happen, and what you've described as annoying, I think PPF is probably your best bet.
Alan, I agree with Clyde's comments above. New PPF films (we put a 10mil Xpel on the wagon) are really good, and I think they'd align very well with the way you use and take care of your cars. I think it would be one LESS thing for you to obsess about as opposed to something additional.

Cylde, did you / are you planning on doing it to the Camaro?
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote