View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 11:51 PM   #13
Alan
Carmudgeon

I just spent some time watching the video below after watching a video by the same guy applying Dr color chip to his previous Porsche. He says some very interesting things about PPF … one thing he mentions is the edges which cannot be helped collect dirt, also rock chips will still show but now it’s on the PPF and not the car so while the paint might be protected (though he mentions some rocks do get through the PPF) you will still see the marks and yes your paint will look better but for the next owner.

Also sounds like you need to be more careful when washing not to mess up the seams or it will collect more dirt if you peel the PPF.

More things learned are parts of the PPF will get messed up/blemished and need to be redone or just learn to live with it.

Overalll sounds like it is going to require maintenance and is another thing to worry about which is like the ceramic coating on our M340, it became more of a hassle and annoyance and really took away from the enjoyment of the car, who wants to worry about sprinkler water getting on the car and ruining the ceramic coating which is what happened.

I am tempted to have the Caymans front done as a trial to see if I like it for my next car … something tells me I might just find it another thing to worry about instead of some rock chips

https://youtu.be/oO68EqULr0A

Last edited by Alan; 11-19-2021 at 12:17 AM.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote