View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

It's official .... the R8 is finally mine !!

The Audi is officially mine, the car was previously owned by a man who ordered it when the R8s first came out and he was in his mid 80's at the time ... he had 15 cars when he passed away, the estate is now liquidating the cars and this was the first one they sold ... some of the others were a Maserati Quattroport, a late model Rolls, a Ferrari 575, a Bentley ... anyway you get the idea ... the man had very good taste in cars.

For some reason finding an Original Owner R8 was really hard to find and I looked at all years from 2009 to 2012 ... most of them had 3,4 or ever more owners ... This 2008 which was a year I wasn't looking into but it was such a find I couldn't resist. Anyway it has 9,500 miles and like I mentioned in the other thread it has the R tronic ...

Today was my first day with the car, I picked it up an hour away and had some time to play with it though I was a total spaz driving home because I was so nervous .... I have to say this transmission is really cool, when first driving off from -0- mph it has characteristics of a manual, there is no rolling forward like an automatic, you need to lift off the throttle when shifting gears like a manual to get it smooth and overall it is just so amazing to learn something new and so different though I have along road ahead of me.

My 16 yr old son was more excited then I was and he caught the drift of the r tronic very quickly ...

Here is a quick pic ... (yes the garage is a mess)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9856.JPG
Views:	503
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	9796  
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote