View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 03:59 PM   #119
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Why are car salesmen so cheesy in their sales ways? Some get it but they are few. I think the VW guy is just slow, to be honest.

I was very upfront with him. White 2020 or 2021 GTI SE with a MT. I know VW is offering the rates deal. When you find one let me know and teal me what the $ numbers are on the deal.

He asks how much I want to spend per month. I tell him not to worry about it. To assume I want to borrow $30k and I'll pay the rest out of pocket.

He comes back a few minutes later saying he found a 2021 shows a $1.7k discount and shows payment calculations based on 2.5, 5, and 10k and asks me which of those numbers I want to put down. I tell him again to do the payment # based on borrowing 30k. That I had quickly done the math and it came to ~$511 on 2021. We had to leave but I told him to email us the final numbers.

Today I get a call. They also found a 2020. I ask what is the discount on that over a 2021. He asks me how much I want to pay per month.

I got annoyed and told him the $/month doesn't matter. It will be what it will be. Regardless of car, I will finance $30k at the given VW rates. I just need to know the cost difference between cars.

Maybe I am just not patient enough.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote