View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #17
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I mean, what it comes down to is that if it's mostly my car, I want something like a Quad or a 911. If it's mostly hers, she'd prefer something lower-strung. The Golf R is a really nice balance; the Focus RS, e.g., is a little too boy racer.

STI doesn't really interest me. I had one a while ago and it had its charms but they were limited.
I see. It's clear you really want a 911 and it's unlikely that any "halfway" solution is going to make you any happier than the Golf R. An F30 or E90 is likely to have different expensive issues that will annoy you and I doubt you'll be happier driving it after the "newness" of it wears off. An M2 is likely going to be too high strung for you wife, and you'll still just crave a 911 . But, I doubt the 911 is going to be able to act as the "road trip" car, so i think that kind of takes it off the table for now. Unfortunately, option 3 might be your best bet-- just pick the least distasteful choice from the list of cars your wife would consider. My guess would be some type of Mazda w/ a stick. It doesnt sound like you actually need to drive it that much in reality. A Stinger would probably be overkill for her and you likely wouldn't enjoy much anyway since it wouldn't have a stick (also your wife might be like mine and just not like the way it looks). Maybe you can score a good lease deal on a Genesis G70 w/ a stick?

Last edited by robg; 05-08-2019 at 06:48 PM.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote