Thread: Range Rovers
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #9
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
I believe the current gen Rovers have slightly better reliability, but also crazy high resale due to limited volume production and high demand in foreign markets. I've poked around at what 2013+ models sell for as I've always thought they look pretty nice and they are just too much money. Prior gen (the ones you are talking about) are considerably cheaper but come with the historical LR/RR reliability. Also keep in mind that car was developed under BMW ownership, refreshed under Ford ownership and by the time it went out of production Tata was under control. I always wondered what that would mean for a mix of BMW, Ford and who-knows-what electronics and mechanicals throughout the car.
See, I just like the interior & exterior of the boxy generation. I've ridden around in a RR HSE for short trips and one RRS (diesel in Europe) for a much longer trip. I prefer the full size one. I'm not looking to spend 2013+ money, as I wrote, I need for not that much mileage per year.

My minimal research shows that the 2010-2012 got the Ford/Jag 5.0 v8 to replace the Bmw 4.4. So it must be better, right? (Progress!)

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/6105314386.html

In fact, this is my target car, I've not convinced the better half yet to go see it. Sure, I could muscle this decision through, but I'd rather have her on board. Last weekend there was little opportunity, this coming weekend, I'll be in Scottsdale, AZ. Hope it lasts on the market (doubt it).
equ is offline   Reply With Quote