View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #324
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Looks like I may be ordering a Model 3 next week…

Musk tweeted yesterday that Tesla will reveal pricing, specs and open orders for the dual motor and performance versions next week. White interior option may also be coming. https://electrek.co/2018/05/11/tesla...ons-next-week/

I'm pretty certain I'll order one in red with dual motor and the upgraded 19" wheels. I saw a red with the aero wheels yesterday at Tesla and the color is great. I've since seen blue and white 3s (I'm starting to see 3s a couple times a week now) -- both look great, but blue isn't for me. I also like the white, but think its time for a change for my next car.

As for wheels, the 18" aero wheels are really ugly (although the aero covers can be taken off and the wheels underneath look great -- and Tesla sells a wheel cap kit for $50 so you can keep the aero covers off -- see the pic below). But the '19s are just gorgeous. I may consider getting a set of the 18's with winter tires, but I just stayed on the all seasons in the S this year...

I'm hoping a tan interior option is also released next week along with the white (which I don't think I could live with). I've sat in the black interior, and I could live with it, but would prefer tan. I'm thinking of ordering dual motor, but will consider a P depending on price.

Here's a few pics of the wheels:
'19s:

'18s with aero covers on:

'18s with aero covers off: