View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
This quote from Car & Driver made it sound promising. But I'd have to eyeball it for the dogs:

"But it’s taller than that brawny sedan and features a liftgate that opens to reveal a generous 31 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second-row seats. The Charger’s trunk, by contrast, has room for only 17 cubic feet of flotsam. Volvo’s V90 station wagon has 26 cubes behind its second row, and the XC60 crossover offers only 30.

But even those numbers understate the 640i GT’s usefulness. The rear hatch opening is huge and extends down to the bumper, and the aluminum liftgate opens without struts impeding access from the sides. The space back there isn’t just generous but also flat, so things slide in easily. And it’s deep enough that many bulkier items fit in without having to remove the cargo cover. Plus, the rear seats fold down to increase total cargo capacity to a vast 65 cubic feet. The 640i GT isn’t a station wagon and it isn’t a crossover, but it may be smarter than either of those things."
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote