View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #98
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I've put about 100 miles on it so far. It has grown on me, but the flaws I perceived from the beginning are still there. My wife spent some time in it last night and had the same opinion as me. It does feel much more natural now, it will be interesting tonight when I get back in my 1er if it feels bloated and out of control.

I think I need to try out a 981S and 718S and see how much the increase power helps the package. I also need to get my head around the fact that cars are evolving. You can't find a small 4 seat, sporty, communicative rwd, manual convertible anymore (ie: e36/46 m3, 135). Heck, you can't find a manual in just about anything including sports cars. The 981 is probably the best thing that will be available in a year or so. I look at everything from the new z4 to an AMG GT and say no stick no sale.

I'm guess I'm finally embracing true carmudgeon status and yearning for the 'good ole days'
Not even the rare bird M240i manual vert? I imagine in a few years they will be worth a big premium as the manuals die.