View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #520
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Ok, so I see it takes an hour to charge up at the highest speed, but more realistically longer with the current infrastructure in place.

That means if you're staying anywhere far from home, a B&B for example, or at someone's house where there's no charger, you have to be prepared to spend considerable time in town and around charging stations - while your car "refuels".

The website makes light of this "have lunch while your car charges" ...

So, in my trip to New Hampshire, somewhere before the 200 mile mark, I'd have to have lunch near a charging station in northern Mass or southern NH. Then get to my Uncle's (where there'll be no charger) 13 miles from town.

At some point, I'll have to add another hour to charge (hoping it's a supercharger) and hit the road, and add yet another hour to "refuel" (if it's a SC) before getting home.

It's a car for people who have the means to experiment, but after having spent so much money, I still couldn't see it as a main car - the constant figuring, would get tiresome, god forbid you'd want to do something spontaneous and drive off course for a day - you'd have to call up a network of chargers and nearby diners...

Not for me, for others, enjoy it.
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote