View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #514
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Not sure where you are driving to, but I bet there is a charger at your destination that you could hook up to, even if it isn't a supercharger.

But you wouldn't need to. Charge before you leave the house; you have 200+ miles of range. There and back leaves you 50 miles to spare. Your point about winter is a reasonable one, though again you can warm the thing up while connected to your house before you leave.
Bloomfield College - believe me, parking is tough enough. Perhaps there's a charging station off campus.

How would this work:

My uncle lives in a New Hampshire resort area 13 miles from the nearest "town" (where there would likely be charging stations).

I visit him twice a year - it's about a 250 mile trek each way. Once there, we do quite a bit of driving around, going to dinner, the hardware store, stuff like that (everything's far away). How would I accomplish the "filling up" given the distance from town to where he lives? Would I leave the car in town 13 miles away while it charges up or just wait it out? How would I get there from CT 250 miles away without charging up? How long does it take to do these things?

I ask because I really don't know, but I wonder, when I look at how I drive, how I could ever accomplish a weekend like that with a Tesla without spending considerable time not only planning everything around refueling, but actually waiting for the refueling to happen.
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote