Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #22
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
I think Progressive has gotten a bad rap in general, but I've had to make exactly two claims with them - one for a rock into the windshield of the Mazda and another just a few weeks ago for some road debris that got thrown from a pickup into the Mazda, destroying the bumper.

They handled everything extremely well. The car was fixed quickly and the paint quality, installation, etc is top notch. They even fixed some other plastic shields under the car that were damaged but not from the road debris (I didn't ask for them to be fixed, either). When I pointed out that the whole front of the car had stone guard film on it, they told me to go get it done, get a receipt, and they'd cut me a check after the fact. They did exactly that. They followed up a week later with a call to make sure everything was right and we were happy.

So, a pretty minor claim, but it was still about $1200 in damage when you include the stoneguard re-do. And the films have improved a ton in five years, so the front of the car looks a lot better now.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote