View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 01:52 PM   #63
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
MA is 35% all round except for the windshield. The windshield has a lighter tint and that probably won't draw attention. With so many vehicles being SUV's nowadays lots cars on the road have tinted windows aft of the front windows, so rear tint probably doesn't draw much attention.

I just pulled the film off the tow front side windows. That wasn't too hard, but the adhesive it leaves behind sucks. I will have to mask all but the windows to protect the fancy leather and use a more aggressive solvent. Isopropyl did nothing.

The interior is already brighter and looks a lot nicer inside. I don't have the time to do more today but that will be a good start to minimize the risk of getting pulled over.
Very surprised that rubbing alcohol didn’t remove it but you can use a razor blade to get rid of it and soak it with window cleaner and give it time to soak in to see if that works, here in NY we have windshield stickers for the registration and inspection, the razor blade works the best and window cleaner or rubbing alcohol gets rid of the rest.

I can’t believe they tinted the front windshield, that is so dumb to limit visibility out of the windshield and that is one huge space to have to remove the tint … arghh I do not envy doing that job.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote