View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 06:09 AM   #39
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
First off lemming was the one that initially stated the comment, I only agreed.

Re being judged by your personality, why not? Rolex ADs have been using this business tactic for years… It is becoming more common in a post-COVID world. Hell, we had Acura dealers doing it when the first gen NSX launched in the early 90s. American Honda had to reel some dealers in and set them straight.

As stated, allegedly Porsche is attempting to be more boutique like, i.e. Ferrari. Have you set foot in Ferrari dealership recently? I have, a few actually… one is instantly judged as soon as you enter the building. A personality examination follows.
Interesting comment about the NSX in the 90’s, I do remember going to an Acura dealer back in the day when my Dad purchased his 92 NSX and I remember one salesman being a bit of an Asshole and we walked out and went to another dealer.

I have not stepped foot in pretty much any car dealership except for service in years and my last time in a Ferrari dealership was back in December of 2020 and they were really nice then but with that said my friend who is a serial car buyer and is one of those Ferrari guys who gets a new one every 6 months is probably the snottiest assholes a person can meet and they still sell him a car on a regular basis but that is a whole story in itself as he has to give them the car back when they call him and he seems to follow the protocol.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote