View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 09:13 PM   #32
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Nice looking car and I get your preference for Porsche over BMW, but couldn’t bring myself to spend north of $100k for this with a 6cyl when compared to what you get for less in a X5 M60.
I totally agree.

I took a run at building a ‘24 Cayenne S and it was pushing $130k.

I do not know what I am going to do. I am not at all agreeable to the above for a base Cayenne and an S is definitely not happening. I am done with new BMW SAVs so no clue where to look now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yeah..that's always the frustrating part of any porsche configurator. You end up spending 20K+ on options and still dont have everything you'd want ideally.

FWIW, i'd probably go with the 20" cayenne sport wheels for $1k instead of $3k for the 21s...get more sidewall plus I dont think the 21s look that much better.

Also, i'd probably add the ventilated seats. They're so nice to have...and a relative bargain by porsche option standards..

I'd also want to hear the sport exhaust system to determine whether its really worth spending 3k on.
I want the new 22s. My 0.02, the 20s are to small. Road conditions here are not really a major concern.

I do not like ventilated seats. All they do is blow interior air. They also make the seat cushioning slightly thinner. I did extensive research on this prior to ordering my current X5.

Agree re the exhaust.

The reality is I do not foresee me ordering a Cayenne given what you get in comparison to a BMW, but I am not ordering one of those either.

Edit: My X5 M60i build https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...ye5xxs/summary

Last edited by SCA; 04-26-2023 at 09:27 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote