Thread: Cayman GTS 4.0
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 10:30 PM   #608
robg
Carmudgeon

Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
My issue with CarPlay isn’t so much the nav, which is fine; it’s the way it buries all the other functions behind Apple’s OS. And also, I’ve found it very tricky to use if more than one person in the car wants to play their music through the car stereo. Maybe that depends on the car?

In any event, CarPlay is nice to have in rental cars, but for my own vehicle I prefer the more integrated approach.

Is it worth 2 grand? No, probably not. But it’s one of those things that would kind of annoy me every time I drove the car, so maybe it actually is.

With most newer cars it’s easy enough to listen to music off of usb or Bluetooth connected phone while using carplay for Navigation from a different phone. My wife and I often do this on trips. Atleast on the cars I’ve tried it on, you still hear the turn by turn directions even if another device is selected as the media source. I sometimes prefer using built in nav since the directions/map can be displayed in the cluster or hud. Another feature I like is when still have access to buttons or icons for the various parts of the system even with carplay on - makes it easier to jump in and out of necessary.

But yeah, at this price point you don’t want to have regrets so …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote