View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #3134
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Blue over black is what I really wanted when I was looking for a 987, but I simply couldn't find a 987.2S with that color combination and a stick. They were all Blue over brown / tan, and I didn't like the look. I'm curious what this car will go for. It's very "base" and the early cars IMO haven't aged well - the steering wheel, exhaust tips, wheels, and center stack look a bit dated to me, but this one is super clean.
With very low miles this one may touch 30, though I doubt much higher than that. 987s (even the later ones) are still haunted by IMS issues and are in that weird trough between "used car" and "nostalgia trip," like the 67K 944 that sold the other day.

I love the wheels on these, but I'm biased. The exhaust tips and steering wheel are really easy to swap and not super expensive, but I agree both are radical improvements and are probably my favorite car "mods."

Agreed on the center stack, but in a car like this I would almost certainly swap in one of those cleaner looking touch screen units.

Honestly the color is just so good, and even after ten years of ownership I get compliments on it nearly every time I drive it.

EDIT: As a data point, a very clean but high mileage '06 just sold for 16, which honestly has to be about the best deal in Porsche-dom right now.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote