View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #51
GregE_325
Confused

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn / 2011 BMW 328iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5 View Post
I was just going to advise you on getting some sort of brake controller. Also, a good set of antisway bars/weight distribution hitch will greatly improve the towing. I have seen some trailers going down the interstate pass a semi, then all of a sudden, the trailer initiates a fish-tailing motion that looks wicked scary and unsafe.

I will also HIGHLY suggest a good surge guard/protector that will protect your electrical appliances/items from sketchy power posts in some of these campgrounds. The ones from Progressive Industries are highly rated, and their customer service is outstanding. They stand behind their product, and will replace their unit should a thunderstorm or any other power surges fries it. I have the portable one with the Electrical Management System (EMS) that helps to protect my motorhome "against voltage fluctuations, power surges and incorrectly wired shore power which can cause severe and costly damage to RV appliances and electronics". It's pricey, but I feel the investment is worth it.

A good water regulator will also help keep the pressure from blowing up your plumbing. Unlike surge protectors, they're inexpensive.

It strikes me as really odd that people buy their travel trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes that're worth thousands and thousands of dollars, but don't spend a couple of hundred bucks to protect their investment.

I think you've seen my shopping list. . I've been on a buying spree with Camping World and Amazon. I have surge protectors (30 and 50 amp), extension cords, dog bones for each plug type, a fancy adjustable pressure regulator, Dish Network portable satellite and receivers, a TattleTale alarm system, jacks, blocks, you name it. We've probably spent $2500 in equipment and supplies and we haven't even gone anywhere yet. Haha!
GregE_325 is offline   Reply With Quote