View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #48
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
63k for a ~3 year old Macan seems steep. It’s probably worth that amount, I just can’t bring myself to spend that much for that. In that segment, the lease deals are still pretty strong on the X3. Here is a sample X3 M40 deal from one of the leasehakr brokers:

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma...Tax_radio=true

Not sure how you’d acquire hypothetical Macan (cash or finance) but the idea of a 500-600 lease payment on new X3 seems more attractive to me vs. finance cost or equivalent cash outlay for Macan.
+1

For me, the X3 40i would make it very hard to justify a Macan. You're getting Macan turbo levels of performance, more room/practicality, better gas mileage and you can probably pickup ex dealer demo or lightly used one for the cost of a 3 year old Macan. If you did decide to lease, the lease cost could be vastly cheaper than the Macan (i'm afraid to even look at how expensive those must be to lease). ANd I wouldn't be surpised if even buying and running a used Macan for several years would work out to a higher monthly cost than a good deal on a BMW x3 lease. Macan has an arguably sligtly more upscale interior (though I actualy prefer the X3's design and idrive). I suppose arguable better handling - though it's somewhat hobbled by being based on the front heavy Audi MLB platform. But lets be honest- neither are going to really scratch the sports car itch.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote