View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:41 PM   #913
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
What is the speed limit?

But if you drive under 70 you're the slowest person on the road.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the air resistance impact on mileage is not linear — and once you are over 49, you really feel the impact.
Yes but as you pointed out to Josh, this is how I drive in my ICE car. And I've never complained about needing to carry extra fuel tanks in my trunk. I drive the same in the E46 with it's 18 year old engine technology, and I'm getting 26 MPG. I'm not modifying my driving habits to accommodate my electric vehicle's limitations.

Quote:
Try driving 5 over the limit one day to see what you get...
As an experiment, maybe. But I don't see how that experiment helps me in any way. See comment above about refusing to modify my driving habits....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
This is one of the many things keeps me from considering a Tesla. I have a 22 mile commute to work on the PA Turnpike, where I average 80 mph. I have no interest in driving 15 mph slower just to save battery life in case I need to run a few errands before I get home
I'm with ZBB on this one. If all you want to do in the car is commute this is a silly concern. Hell you could probably drive there and back using ludicrous mode and you'd be fine. The only problem comes if you want to then go somewhere else after work, yada yada.

Don't get me wrong - I'm complaining about the range but I love the car. It's not going anywhere. I have no desire to drive any of my other vehicles at this point.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote