View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #57
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
Guess that is why, to this day - I often take 400 mile drives on a Saturday or Sunday - just to get out of the house.
Here is one I do a couple of times each year.... https://goo.gl/maps/uSW4KrXdovm
Leave in the morning and have lunch in Leavenworth or Winthrop and do some looking around... then head home.

I guess we are just a bit weird.
Did that trip on the first weekend after 20 was opened after the winter pass was cleared! At one of the scenic pull outs we ran into a group of 3 old Ford model A's (two of them were ragtops) The owners and wifes had pulled over for a picnic lunch, kinda glad we pulled out before them. I'm guessing they didn't go up the pass very quickly!

I miss Winthrop and Leavenworth. My facebook photo shows main street Leavenworth decked out in xmas lights.

I'm not sure how many times I've been to Germany. Between tours during rock and roll days, working for two different German companies during my working career, and trips to In-Laws in Mainz. Easily has to be over 20 visits. I keep telling my wife we need to go for a vacation, and not tell any relatives we are visiting. Just go and be tourists.