View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #146
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
The E46 is a ton of fun to drive, even with sub-200 HP. I just built an F31 and it approaches the cost of our 5 wagon way back when. Yikes!

Does your parents' wagon have the Track Handling Package? I suspect that would transform the feel.

If you can deal with the smaller form factor, I loved my 328 E91 wagon with sport suspension. Not sure how the AWD version would be, though, and I imagine you need/want that where you are.
I'll post a thread in the Perservators area when we start looking in earnest so as not to hijack Zach's thread (sorry Zach). Just to wrap up here, my parents have a pair of 328i sedans. They drive fine, but are pretty disconnected. The track handling package would help I'm sure, but the big issues are the E-steering, which seems unfixable and the 2.0T's engine being very buzzy and diesel like. If they made a 335 wagon, we'd be sold.

The e91 is getting a bit old. BMW never seemed to get the suspension right on x-drive versions of that car. My 335 x-drive crashed miserably over pot holes. It was the biggest reason we sold that car quick.

At the end of the day, i have a LOT of lust for an e63... I doubt that will turn into reality, but it makes for some fun window shopping at the moment. The fact that my wife dislikes the x5 and has opened the door to replacing it just makes me work harder to build a (ir)rational case for it.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote