Thread: Corvette C7
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #49
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
That's irrelevant. The car costs what it costs. Your argument is no more valid than the Corvette fanboi argument of "well if our car started at $85k it would have the materials / fit and finish / steering feel / panache" of a Porsche. You can't tilt the rules to suit your argument.
actually, no.

i'm not justifying the higher cost at all.

i'm a corvette fan, as witnessed by owning a C3 plus a C5 and C6. that's pretty clear, for the written record.

i'm just a realist. the German cars will always cost more. and the sad part about it, is the car has more attention to detail in how they handle and how they are screwed together. it's an inherently unfair argument because you're pitting a car that comes from GM, which only makes money on volume, and comparing it to Porsche which makes money no matter what.

what this boils down to is: best against best, which is the car that most would opt for?

in the past, i'd opt for the raw power. but, as bren pointed out, it's not about track time anymore. it's about the car you're actually going to pull out of the garage and drive for enjoyment.

i can't answer that for other people, but I would prefer a 981 or 991 to the C7. GM just does not invest enough in the car for it to be completely dialed in, IMHO.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote